I have taught the following papers in the Oxford undergraduate English Tripos:
- Early Medieval Literature, c.650-1350 (Prelims Paper 2)
- Literature in English 1350-1550 (Finals Paper 2)
- Medieval English and Related Literatures 1066-1550 (Course II special topic: Medieval Romance)
...and the following papers in the Cambridge undergraduate English Tripos:
- Old English (Part I)
- Early Middle English and its Contexts, 1066-1350 (Part I)
- English Literature and its Contexts, 1300-1550 (Part I)
- Shakespeare (Part I)
- Chaucer (Part II)
- Medieval Dreams and Visions (Part II)
- Tragedy (Part II)
- Lyric (Part II)
- Practical Criticism and Critical Practice (Parts I & II)
Qualifications and roles
I am a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, certified through the Oxford Learning Institute's Teaching Fellowship Preparation Programme (March 2017). I have directed studies at Merton, Oxford, for English Language and Literature Course II (Earlier Literature and the History of English). I supervise dissertation students on any aspect of medieval literature.
Have a look at What Not to Say in a Medieval Exam, put together with some help from fellow medievalists; you're welcome to use and share it.
I have also contributed to a virtual classroom by Pembroke College English fellows, for prospective applicants considering the Cambridge English course.